Comboni Events Calendar
The following listings are provided by Comboni IJPIC Network.
- September 12-14, 2018: Global Climate Action Summit: Taking Ambition to the Next Level. The 2018 Summit will bring people together from around the world to showcase climate action and inspire deeper commitments from national governments, and each other, in support of the Paris Agreement. This will take place in San Francisco, CA. Find out more, here.
- September 21, 2018: International Day of Peace.
- September 14-16, 2018: Africa Faith & Justice Network 35th Anniversary and Meeting: Advocacy and Education for Transformation will take place in Washington, D.C. On the 14th, "Africa in Global Perspective," sponsored by the Missionaries of Africa, a founding member of AFJN, is the main public event/conference that runs from 10 am-4 pm.. Keep abreast at www.afjn.org.
- September 21-22, 2018: Campaign Nonviolence National Convergence, March & Action will take place in Washington, D.C. Sponsored by the National Campaign Nonviolence and part of the week of actions, September 15-23. Find out all the details, here.
GREATER CINICNNATI AREA
- September 6, 2018: Solve Poverty to Solve Hunger, hosted by Catholic Charities SW Ohio, begins at 5:30 pm and runs about two hours at the Cintas Center, Xavier University. There is no charge for this reception and talk. Andrew Fisher, author of Big Hunger: The Unholy Alliance Between Corporate America and Anti-Hunger Groups, argues that many anti-hunger advocates miss an essential element of the problem: economic inequality driven by low wages. Come learn about Big Hunger's vision. Contact: Kelly Anchrum at (513) 672-3702; firstname.lastname@example.org. Even though the event is free, a reservation is required. The website is www.ccswoh.org where you can link to Events and RSVP.
- September 7, 2018: Intercommunity Justice and Peace Center Discussion: The Forgotten Ones: Domestic Child Soldiers in the United States will feature speaker, Dr. Jesse Bach, the Founder of the Imagine Foundation in Cleveland. The place is the Centennial Barn, 110 Compton Road (45215), from 4-6 pm. This event will explore this concept, and the issues of race, borders, poverty, ethnicity, agency, American superiority and prison-industry profit that have intentionally co-opted the definition of child soldier away from domestic child gang members. The trauma and experiences of both gang members and child soldiers are parallel in may ways, but the way society treats each group is not. Come and learn more! RSVP, here.
- October 25-27, 2018: 2018 United States Catholic Mission Association (USCMA) Conference will take place in Boston, Massachusetts. Save the date! Watch for news, here.
- November 9-11, 2018: Call to Action National Conference 2018: Sanctuary - Resistance - Sacrament takes place at the Wyndham San Antonio Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. Since 1976, Call to Action has been the host of the largest conference of progressive Catholics in the United States. Keep abreast, here. November 13-16, 2018: Provincial Council Meeting (Comboni Missionaries) in Los Angeles. 2019
- October 19, 2019: Synod on the Pan-Amazon Region.